Monday, January 28, 2019

#greatjonesandcobakeoff

I received a text Saturday morning from my niece that it was the first Jones and Co bake off.  I had no prior warning (apparently neither did she).  Anyway it was to make a tart (or pie). 

I should have been adventuresome and tried a tart, but I checked with the peanut gallery and they wanted apple pie.  



I peeled and sliced six apples ...



I prepared a sauce for them and let them sit for 1/2 hour.


I then cooked down the sauce so it was not so saucy .. but thicker.


I cheated and used store-bought dough .. but cut the top and did a lattice weave .. notice that I actually wove it .. not just layered.


It turned out great!

The other entries were strawberry tart, raspberry tart and lemon meringue pie. 

Looking forward to the next challenge ..  hopefully I'll get more notice.  And, I promise to not cheat.


2 comments:

Kate said...

Looks yummy!

Katie said...

Lol! It looks good sorry about the short notice. In Feb we are doing bread date TBD and in March it’s doughnuts.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...