Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Goal: Update

Last week's goals:
  1. get shower gift for my YD - done
  2. work on scan project (old pictures/letters/photo albums) - done (as evidenced by my Friday post)
  3. print songs for GPa's memorial - not yet -- turns out my cousin already did it so it's done.  yay!!
  4. two blog posts - done
  5. cut blocks for Baby James's quilt - nope

In case you were wondering, here's one of the songs that I've asked my cousin Andrew to play



 So for this week, my goals are:

1.  Continue to work on scan project
2.  Cut blocks for Baby James quilt
3.  Two blog posts
4.  Make list for Michigan trip and get anything needed.

So.  I was realizing that I didn't explain about the songs.  The story is this: many years ago, my father used to play guitar and sing.  He sang songs in the style of Burl Ives.  Some of the songs I remember, are "The Fox," "The Foggy Foggy Dew," "Go Tell Aunt Rhody," "The Big Rock Candy Mountain" and I'm sure there were others. My cousin is coming to my dad's memorial and I had asked him if he would play some of these songs for us.  He said he would learn them, but that he doesn't sing.  So I figure that after the memorial we can go to the beach and sit around and sing the songs.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Who’s baby james?
I am excited that Andrew is going to play us live music. The weather in the harbor might be a little cool bring the sweatshirts!

Kate said...

Good luck with this week's goals. Hope your Dad's memorial goes smoothly, so sorry for your family's loss.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...