Monday, January 20, 2020

Focaccia Bread (#31)

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and I have the day off.  So I decided to make some focaccia bread.  Actually, I had asked my YD what kind of bread to make and she suggested this (as well as a ham and cheese bread).

Here's the recipe I used from tasty.co.

Ingredients:

Dough
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 ⅓ cups flour
  • 1 ½ teaspoons yeast
Toppings
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste

The directions said to mix all the dough ingredients together.  I activated the yeast in the warm water first.


I wasn't sure the yeast was activated but I went ahead and added the other ingredients.  The directions said to knead for 15 minutes -- I did it for only five.



I put the bowl in the slightly heated oven for 1 hour.


and it definitely doubled (so the yeast was definitely activated).

We didn't have a cast iron frying pan, so I used the creuset dutch oven.


After sitting for 20 minutes, I added the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.


Cooked for 30 minutes (at 20 it didn't look done).


It turned out great -- very tasty with either butter of oil/vinegar.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Looks so yummy!!

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...