Sunday, July 19, 2020

Plans and Dreams

I've come to the realization that some of my dreams are just that, dreams -- they might never be reality.  Basically, I've been having a pity party for a while now, poor me.

Last night, or early this morning, during one of my frequent bouts of insomnia, while I wasn't sleeping, I realized that things might not be exactly what I want but I can make the way things are, be what I want.  Does that make sense? It's like "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with".  The same concept.


I've always thought that I would love to live by the sea
To travel the world alone and live more simply
I have no idea what's happened to that dream
'cause there's really nothing left here to stop me
It's just a thought, only a thought

So, in response to this epiphany, I'm going to try to stop worrying about my dreams and focus on what I can do. 

Today, I purchased an herb garden indoor garden kit.  Just one of the things I've wanted to do.  So I'll start my herb garden before we move home.  I'll be able to take it with me.

I'm also going to check in with a friend to find out if I can still plant in August when we move back to our house .. or if I have to wait until next spring.  I'm also going to ask another friend about which plants she has had the most success with and what she would recommend I add to my tomatoes, which I'll wait to do next year. 

I am also going to sign up for a photography course (obviously on line).  I've been wanting to do this but have been putting it off, for no good reason.

If I never have my house in Eagle Harbor, I can still vacation there and enjoy it.  It's okay.  I can live with that.

I haven't been doing any sewing, but I will ramp that up as soon as we move home.  I have two quilts to make and can't wait to get started on those.  I have the main fabric for one of the quilts and I should go ahead and get the other fabrics ...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Tomatoes are my most successful plants, basil and mint seem to be hearty too. Zucchini’s seem to be hit or miss for me same with cucumbers and beans. We planted waaaay late this year and it’s been sad.

Kate said...

I think we need dreams, especially now. It's good your making some of our dreams come true and modifying a few to fit where you are now.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...