Friday, March 2, 2012

Favorite Things Friday

My favorite this week is postcards.  When I was a little girl, I used to collect them (of course, as a little girl, I collected just about everything, acorns, piggy banks, notebooks, bus numbers, etc.).  I still remember the album I had with a postcard from my cousin Stephen from Africa .. don't have that postcard or any of the other ones now (I don't think anyway).  But this past fall, my sister and her daughter went to Europe and they sent me postcards from their trip.  (Oops, there's another postcard in the picture from St. Louis -- still from my sister, but not from the Europe trip.)



Maybe one day I'll go to Europe and send them postcards!

Check out other favorites at QIMP and link up with one of your favorites too!


6 comments:

Kate said...

What fun! Postcards seem to have gone the way of the letter. It's really neat your sister too the time to find and then mail them.

Suzanne said...

What a great hobby! My mom used to collect them from her travels as a way to record their adventures.

seabreezequilts said...

I think the post card is a bit forgotten these day. Great FTF

Shay said...

I buy postcards from all the places we visit and I still send them to family when we travel.
I think it;s thrilling to get a post card from someone on holidays so I understand why you collect them. You should frame them and display your collection.

Great FTF!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I like postcards too. The boys and I did a postcard swap and we ended up with some from all over the world, it was a great way to teach the boys some geography :-)

Anna said...

I have a whole bunch of post cards some where too. I am glad you like them, maybe i will get some from Oxford and send them just for fun!

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers