Thursday, July 21, 2016

Cocktail Wednesday - Guava Margarita

This week's drink is the Guava Margarita.  This was Nevada and my YD's pick.  Nevada said margarita and YD said she'd had a guava one, so we decided to go with that combo.

The ingredients are:

  • Guava
  • Tequila
  • Lime juice
  • Salt 
  • Simple Syrup
  • Triple Sec
  • Salt (calls for margarita salt)
  • Lime Wedges
Recipe from here.


 I actually did some prep work this time and juiced the limes and made the simple syrup.



Then I took all the ingredients and threw them in the blender and here's the drink. 


It was pretty good.  The second margarita that I've had that I enjoyed.


and my SIL's parents also joined us but with mango instead of guava (because guava was not available in Missouri).



---------------------------------

I forgot to post about last week's drink.  Last week we had the Mint Julep. Recipe from here.  It's a very easy drink, just mint, Kentucky bourbon, sugar, ice, and seltzer water.

  
You take the mint leaves, muddle them with the sugar, add the ice, bourbon, and seltzer water and that's it.  My photographer wasn't there to take pretty pictures, but this is what it looked like.  Not one of my favorites, but it was okay.  I'd try it again.  I think we were supposed to have crushed ice which might have made a difference.



Nevada was sick and couldn't make it and my YD worked late so she didn't make it either, but I didn't want to put it off any longer ...

There's another picture I want to share but can't figure out how to get it off instagram :(.


No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...