Saturday, November 2, 2019

Baby Showers and Diaper Cakes

I started this post in July .. it's now November.  I've been a total slacker.  Anyway, we had a baby shower for my YD (who just had her baby in September).  Here are some pics.


One of the things she wanted for her shower were big blocks .. so I made them.  It took much longer than expected.  I wanted to buy four 12 x 12 boxes -- but they only came in packs of 25, so I got 25.  I thought I could stencil the letters but couldn't find stencils big enough.  The white around the edges had to have two coats ... but the end result is really nice.  (Did I post about this? I don't remember.)


Another thing we made was a balloon arch .. we blew up about 200 balloons.  Some with a pump.  most not.  


Here's a good use for one balloon.


Here's the balloon arch with the blocks.  A nice place for photos and cute too. (Although there were several pictures taken, I don't seem to have any :().

My OD painted this picture for the baby.  Super cute.

 The cake.


My YD cutting the cake.
 

Here is the diaper cake we made (my YD and me) for the baby shower.  I know. I know. I shouldn't have made her make her own diaper cake (but I did).  I don't think she bought any of the items on the cake (at least I hope not).  Anyway, it turned out super cute.

It was a good day and a fun time.  I think she was happy with how it went.  (Of course, it's ancient history now.)


2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks cute!!

Kate said...

Looks like a fun shower. A great memory to look back on

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...