Monday, November 4, 2019

Dark Shadows

When I was in second grade -- more than 50 years ago -- I used to run home from school to watch a soap opera.  Not just any soap opera, not one based in a hospital, but Dark Shadows.


It was my introduction into the "horror" genre and I loved it.  I loved Angelique and the stories surrounding her and Barnabas Collins, though I could never figure out what she saw in him.

I was thrilled to learn that Big Finish, in addition to producing Doctor Who audio dramas, has a Dark Shadows line. I've bought a few of them and enjoy listening on my way to and from work ... it's sappy, but still fun, all witches, vampires, and werewolves.

I've also bought a couple of the Doctor Who stories.  There are so many it's hard to know what to get next.  They have the Avengers -- John Steed and Emma Peele -- not the super hero variety.  They have the Prisoner.  So many stories, so little time. 

1 comment:

Kate said...

I only got to watch Dark Shadows in the summer when school was out. But I was hooked from day one.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers