Saturday, January 22, 2011

The "other pinwheel sampler" -- DONE!!!

Here are some pics ... it's really hard to take a good picture because of the size but this is what I have.






The devil cat approves ..




Here's a shot of the binding. I really like the way it turned out ..  I'm second guessing the quilting -- perhaps I should have done more, lots more, but I like it anyway.  Everything took a long time -- (it took me almost 45 minutes to take the pins out (and it took almost 4 hours to put them in (two of us working for two hours))).  

On to the next project ...

6 comments:

Anna said...

This quilt is just lovely!

Katie said...

Love it! The binding is my favorite.

Shay said...

Thea, I love this quilt. The simple quilting lets the blocks speak for themselves. Sometimes a quilt doesn't need lots of fuss and feathers.

I think you should be flipping cartwheels and patting yourself on the back for a job exceedingly well done!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Wow! It is absolutely georgeous!

Marg said...

It's stunning, and I love the binding. I absolutely love it!

Mistea said...

Love the way this one came together. Sure is effective in that simple colourway.
Enjoy

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers