Tuesday, January 29, 2013

15 Minute Challenge

Tuesday - Nothing
Wednesday - pieced backing; basted quilt
Thursday - nothing
Friday - purchased thread for quilting
Saturday - quilted "time after time"
Sunday - quilted "time after time"
Monday - thought about quilting, but didn't

Had a so-so week.  I am straight line quilting the double hourglass quilt.  I am happy with it so far.  I tried using the attachment that came with my sewing machine but eyeballing the lines seems like it's easier (though probably less accurate).  I am about 1/4 of the way through.  I'd like to finish up this week and send it out next week.

I think my issues with not getting to my sewing machine are a lack of planning.  I know that's what Kate has been focusing on this month and somehow I missed it.  My planning has to be not in a set time but in set goals.

My goals today: work, read, 10 lines of quilting, dinner (is it my turn again?).

Anyway, check out how other people have done this week on their 15 minutes and their projects at Kate's Life In Pieces.

2 comments:

Marti said...

I have a severe lack of planning too, and need to spend just a planning session before starting my week I think. I love your entry for thought about quilting but didn't. lol

Kate said...

A good solid week. Scheduling is an individual thing, you have to figure out what works for you, no matter what the books say.

Love the honesty in your statement about Monday! Too funny!

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...