Monday, April 16, 2018

N is for ...

... Nevada Cocktail

(image from here)


What, you may ask, does Nevada have to do with Doctor Who? For most everyone else, absolutely nothing.  But for me, Nevada is why I watch.  She introduced me in 2013 and I'm hooked. 

Ingredients:
  • 2 ounces light rum
  • 2 ounces grapefruit juice
  • 1 ounce lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
  • Dash bitters
Recipe from here.
In my search for an appropriate cocktail, I ran across the following "N" quote ..."No, not the Mind Probe!" Exclaimed by a character in "The Five Doctors" (1983), and thought to be the most melodramatic line in the history of Doctor Who. So celebrated that a fanzine used it as a title.
(I took this from l;p.)

I thought it was funny.


1 comment:

Kate said...

It's been fun to see the links between the drinks and Dr. Who.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...