Thursday, April 26, 2018

W is for ...

.. Weeping Angel Cocktail

(Image from here)

I pulled this one from here.  It's actually called the Angel of Death -- how appropriate.  I intend to make each of these cocktails and as I do, I will replace the images with images of my drinks.  They may not be as artsy but I still want to do it.

Ingredients:
  • 2 ounces dry gin, such as Death's Door
  • 3/4 ounce Carpano Antica Formula or other sweet vermouth
  • 3/4 ounce Campari
  • 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
  • 2 dashes of orange bitters
  • Ice
  • 1 spiral-cut orange twist, for garnish
The weeping angels are quite possibly the greatest aliens of modern Who (although the Silence (sp?) are pretty good too). The episode where we are introduced to them is Blink -- it was the first episode that Nevada had me watch and see where that got me ....

Here are two other cocktails that I was tempted to rename the Weeping Angel:

The first is the Red Sparrow (for Sallly Sparrow from the episode).

Ingredients:
  • 0.5 oz Orchard Apricot Liqueur
  • 0.5 oz Lime Juice
  • 0.5 oz Blood Orange Juice
  • 1.5 oz Habanero Silver Tequila
The second is  the Nightingale Cocktail (for the Sparrow & Nightingale video store Sally Sparrow and Larry Nightingale end up running/owning at the end of the episode).

Ingredients:

  • 1 oz. Banana liqueur
  • 1/2 oz. Blue curaçao
  • 1 oz. Cream
  • 1/2 Egg white
We'll probably end up making the first one .. though both of the others sound pretty good.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I probably would have picked the second one just based on teh ingredients. You've done so well at finding very appropriate cocktails to fit the Dr. Who theme.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...