Thursday, October 20, 2022

Cookies #1.5 - Brown Butter and Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies

Our cookie for last week was the Coffee Toffee cookie.  Because these cookies had toffee and one of my favorite cookie also has toffee, I was going to make them both: the first on Friday night and the second on Saturday.  I went to the grocery store Friday after work and bought what I needed for both cookies.  However, when I went to make the Coffee Toffee cookies on Friday, I realized that I had forgotten a main ingredient -- the instant espresso mix.  So I didn't do any baking on Friday.  

Saturday, I went to the store, again, to find the instant espresso but couldn't find it.  I then went to Home Goods (no luck there) and then Target -- and hooray, they had it.

and it was super cheap - $.99 per package of six.

Anyway, by this time I had already decided to make the other cookies (my YD and SIL's favorite). So I did.  Recipe can be found here.  Here is the picture from the website.


this is what my cookies looked like:



Anyway, these cookies are divine.

2 comments:

Kate said...

They do look really good!

Vivian said...

They certainly do look wonderful! I'm trying to get that recipe from the website, but I don't want to pay the subscription fee. Perhaps I will just have to be satisfied with the wonderful pictures.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...