Sunday, October 23, 2022

Cookies #3 - Snickerdoodles

 Cookie #3 is the snickerdoodle.  I'm not sure I have ever eaten a snickerdoodle before, so I'm not 100% sure about how they taste. However, I think they turned out.

Picture from the book.

 
My cookies (I decided I should try and re-create the photo from the book):



 
Nevada's cookies 
 

 
Ingredients:

2 1/2 c. flour
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
8 T. butter (softened)
8 T. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 large eggs

1/4 c. sugar
1 T. cinammon

After preparing the dough, I put the it in the fridge to keep it cold while I was baking the other cookies.  I cut the cook time a few minutes. I also used less dough than the recipe called for because the bigger cookies seemed to flatten out more.

 



2 comments:

Katie said...

Wait this was your first snickerdoodle.

Kate said...

Snickerdoodles are one of our favorite cookies. My Guy makes them for the holidays, the house always smells so good when he is backing those.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...