Monday, April 6, 2020

Shelter-In-Place A to Z (A, B, C, and D)

One of my goals this year was to participate in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  I, however, neglected to sign up (though apparently I could have done it even as late as yesterday).  Although I didn't sign up, I'm going to do my A-Z through the month of April.  Today's post will be a catch up.

We are all stuck inside because of the COVID-19 pandemic -- well, not so much inside but rather we can't go anywhere -- we are "sheltering in place" (SIP) at our homes. In our case, we are sheltering in place at our daughter and son-in-law's home where we've been living for over a year now.  My AtoZ will be all SIP related.

A is for being All together All the time.


B is for Bread

I have made four different breads since March 17 when the SIP order went into effect.

 Cheesy Bread

Banana Bread

Dutch Oven Bread

There will probably be more bread in our future as well...

C is for Cat.

On March 27, a rainy Friday, my indoor cat (aka the Devil cat), went outside -- the door was closed on him and he disappeared.  On April 2, at about 4 a.m., he wandered back in -- a few pounds lighter and maybe a little nicer.



D is for Don't Go Anywhere

I am NOT making light of the virus or the seriousness of this pandemic.  We have a friend who is still in the hospital and recovering.  It was touch and go for a while.  It's just that the self-quarantining and staying away from stores, etc., is just hard -- really, really hard.

No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...