Saturday, April 11, 2020

SIP A to Z : I

I is for Icing.

I know.  Icing?  Well, for our anniversary, which is today, my husband wanted carrot cake.  So, rather than buy it, I decided to make it.  Recipe from here.

all the ingredients

it doesn't look very appetizing, does it?


and now we get to the icing.  Two blocks of cream cheese and one stick of butter .. and .. 4.5 cups of confectioner's sugar.  It was/is divine.

the completed cake (I would have done three layers but I don't have my cake pans here).

Very yummy. 

So anyway, after dinner, we also made some cinnamon bread, based on the chocolate bread recipe we made around Christmas.  We substituted cinnamon and sugar for the chocolate.

 
The leftover icing from the carrot cake goes perfectly with this bread ...

So yeah, icing.

No comments:

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers