Wednesday, April 5, 2023

C is for Cats

C is for cats.

I admit it -- I am a cat person.  

Growing up we almost always had cats.  The first cat I remember was Green. Apparently my oldest sister was tasked with naming the cat and she (my sister) was pretty young at the time.  Funny thing, I adored this cat but my parents had her put to sleep and I don't think I recognized she was gone for about six months.  Oops.

Other cat names, at our house: 

  • Ukelele
  • Meshach, Shadrach & Abednego (they were three little black kittens if I remember correctly)
  • Toby
  • Lucy (she had several litters of kittens -- all with extra toes on their front paws)
  • Caesar
  • Cozy
We didn't have any pets when our kids were little.  I figured that if I couldn't afford to take my kids to the dentist, I couldn't afford to have pets.  About 20 years ago, we got two cats -- they were both just under a year -- my husband was supposed to bring home kittens.  Then about a year or so after that, we got the devil cat, when he was just one day old.  They are all gone now and I don't think I will be getting any more.  




No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...