Friday, April 7, 2023

F is for ...

F is for ...

I'm drawing a blank on this.  There's the Fab Four which I covered in my B post.  I have three siblings, so that makes four children and there's family.  I had four cousins who lived close by .. and then I had friends.

So I guess F is for friends.

I'm not one who has a lot of friends -- and although I made friends easily when I was a kid, I didn't like having more than one or two at a time.  I'm still that way -- though I have a much harder time making friends now than I used to.

My first best friend was Susi.  She lived up the hill from our house and I think my mother may have watched her some when her parents were at work.  Both of her parents worked in D.C. for the government.  Susi and I rode to school together every day in high school (though I was horrid to her - I was jealous of her because she was cute and athletic and smart and nice, the whole package).  She now lives in Sacramento -- we really should get together but ...

My next best friend was Mary - well, Mary Dell, but she dropped the Dell at some point.  We were besties up until after we both had children.  At least she was my bestie.  I think she always had more friends and wasn't as dependent upon me.

Then in high school, my best friend was Leisa, but after high school she want to college and I didn't.  It makes me a little sad.  

Anyway, that's it for me and friends.  There was a smattering of other friends in between the ones mentioned but they were the closest. 




No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...