Wednesday, April 12, 2023

J is for Jump Rope

 J is for Jump Rope, or should that be jumping rope.

Well either way, I used to love jumping rope, whether it was by myself or in a group or competing with friends to see who could do more or longer.  I keep thinking I should try it again as a great form of exercise, but I haven't done it yet.  I think the noise that I'll make with the jumping scares me off.


Anyway, I never did double Dutch but I always thought it was really cool.  We did just one rope -- I couldn't find any images of that.

And, there were always songs that went along with the jumping ..

Cinderella
Dressed in yellow
Went to kiss a prince,
By mistake,
Kissed a snake,
How many doctors
Did it take,
Was it,
One!
Two!
Three!
Four!
Five ...

However, I remember it like this:

Cinderella
Dressed in yellow
Went upstairs to meet a fellow,
On the way her girdle busted,
How many people were disgusted,
One!
Two!
Three!
Four!
Five ...

and Teddy Bear

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around, 
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground, 
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, show your shoe,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, that will do!
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, go upstairs,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, say your prayers, 
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn out the lights, 
Teddy Bear, Teddy
Bear, say goodnight!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Jumping rope is good exercise, I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough anymore to do it. I don't know any of your songs, one we sang was a version of London Bridge.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...