Monday, April 3, 2023

Cookies #10 - Palmiers

 So the most recent cookie in the Cookie Bake Off with Nevada is Palmiers.

 
This is the picture from the book.


Ingredients:

  • 3 c flour
  • 1 1/2 T sugar
  • 1 1/2 t salt
  • 2 t lemon juice
  • 1 c ice water
  • 3 sticks butter
  • 1 c sugar

This is what the dough looked like before rolling it out.


Here are my first palmiers - a little well done and I didn't add the extra sugar.  I'm going to make the rest of them next weekend.  I think I'm going to try to hold them together with a toothpick so they look the way they're supposed to.  I'll post more pictures after that -- if they look the way they are supposed to, that is.

 
This is how Nevada's looked prior to baking ..

 
and after. 
 
Not sure why the cookies are spreading out, both hers and mine.  I'll see if staying in the freezer for a week will make a difference (as well as the toothpick idea).

No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...